Have you made the switch to oils?
If you are still using cream based moisturizers and are hesitant on using oils to nourish your skin, fear no more!! Using organic plant oils on your skin offers amazing benefits and are great for all skin types even those who have oily prone skin, and here’s why…
The skin naturally produces oils
- Since your body naturally produces oils, it knows how to work with them and is able to absorb them far better than a traditional cream based moisturizer. Using the right oils to hydrate your specific skin type will create a healthy pH balance and oils have the ability to absorb deep into the skin, hydrating around the sebaceous glands (oil producing glands). This deep absorption provides the skin with a complete hydration, which reduces its desire to create excess oil (sebum).
- Certain plant oils also have a small enough molecular structure to efficiently absorb through the epidermis (first layer of our skin), which provides nourishing benefits, as opposed to a traditional cream based moisturizer that would remain on the surface of the skin and is unable to fully absorb.
High in Antioxidants
- Choosing a plant-based oil that is organic, and cold pressed ensures that all of the ingredients used are concentrated, which means that your skin will be able to absorb the beneficial antioxidants and nutrients the plant ingredients provide.
- Plant oils are pure without the use of fillers or water! Cream based products typically use fillers (waxes and emulsifiers), or Aqua (water) therefore you end up losing the concentration and nutritional benefits offered by the key ingredients used in the formulation.
- Creams also typically go through a heat process during creation, which can drastically compromise the vitamins, minerals and enzymes naturally found in the plants. Excess heat exposure can change a product that would be great for the skin, to become less effective when heat is involved, because a majority of the healing and nourishing benefits would be diminished As an example, it’s like heating up a raw salad…
- Unlike a cream that is one consistency, an oil can be exactly what you need depending on your specific skin’s hydration needs. The more oil you use with each application, the richer and more hydrating it is. As an added bonus, you can blend oil-based moisturizers with a couple drops of water if you want lighter hydration!
Oils are Healthier for your Skin and your Body
- The skin is our largest organ, and we absorb 60-80% of what we put onto it. Therefore choosing organic, pure oils is not only nourishing for your skin, but for your entire body. Moisturizers that consist of 100% plant oils ensure you avoid exposure to any chemicals or preservatives that creams often contain.
At Skin Essence Organics all of our products are organic, cold pressed, unrefined and packaged in eco-friendly amber glass bottles for optimum freshness and quality. This attention to detail ensures your skin gets the best ingredients and the best results with every application.
Lastly, it’s important to choose the oils that are perfect for your skin type, if you need help in choosing an oil that’s best suited for you, please reach out to one of our holistic skin experts, either on our website chat or email email@example.com