Having acne and oily prone skin is extremely common, especially for those in their with hormonal changes and imbalances. Choosing to treat acne or oily prone skin with conventional products that use various chemicals and alcohols in their formulations can often cause more issues and skin irritations. Harsh ingredients typically used in most skin care products strip away the skin’s natural "healthy" oils, which can actually cause more acne challenges for the skin, as well as dehydration and various skin irritations and sensitivities….
Since the skin naturally produces oil, when we use products that remove our natural oils and dehydrate the skin, it causes the sebaceous glands ( oil producing glands ) in the skin to ultimately create even more oil to try and rebalance the skin’s pH.
At Skin Essence Organics, our skin care routine for acne and oily prone skin actually helps to balance and naturally maintain the pH of your skin! We don’t add any harsh chemicals or alcohols that can strip and dry out your skin, instead we use various organic ingredients that specifically help soothe and satisfy the skin to control excess oil and acne from occurring in the first place.
Here is a great routine for Acne & Oily Prone Skin:
FRESH ( Facial Cleanser ): This facial cleanser contains numerous plant ingredients that have natural anti-bacterial properties and will remove dirt, oil, and make-up without causing redness, drying or irritation. (view product)
Simply apply a quarter size amount, massage onto skin, rinse, and remove excess makeup and oil with a damp face cloth.
FACIAL IN A JAR ( Exfoliant & Softening Mineral Mask ): This exfoliant and skin softening mineral mask has been formulated to effectively remove excess dirt, oil and dead skin cells. This is a very important step for acne/oily prone skin, as this helps to remove dead skin cells that clog pores and form blackheads. (view product)
Mix approx. 1 tsp of powder to approx. 1.5 tsp of water. Gently massage onto skin, leave on for 2-3 minutes, rinse, and apply Light Moisturizer.
REFRESHING & TONING ( Facial Mist ): This refreshing facial mist is uniquely formulated to help rejuvenate, tone and naturally balance the skin’s pH. When paired with our facial moisturizers, this organic mist will help to provide a light nourishment that can be applied throughout the day and at night, for a balanced and healthy finish.(view product)
LIGHT ( Facial Moisturizer ) This is our #1 Acne selling moisturizing serum. This unique product contains numerous plant extracts that are not only healing to the skin, but also offer excellent anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits to help your skin look great and reduce the occurrence break outs. (view product)
Apply 1/2 a pump and massage onto damp skin. Tip: add a couple drops of water to the oil to thin it out if you want a lighter feel.
E-CREAM ( Soothing Skin Balm ): This soothing skin balm is a great option for those who are prone to dry skin but also have acne, and/or irritated skin. After applying the LIGHT add a thin layer of E CREAM to dry or acne prone areas. (view product)
Click on the link below to shop and save on a complete routine for your skin type
Here are some of the amazing ingredients we use in our formulas that are extremely beneficial for those with acne and excess oil…
- Geranium: Geranium contains natural astringent properties that help skin conditions such as acne, eczema and balancing oily skin.
- Lavender: Lavender is known to heal acne, treat skin burns and soothe inflammatory conditions of the skin.
- Tea Tree: Widely known for its use as a natural anti-microbial making it great for acne prone skin and break-outs. Tea Tree Oil also provides an uplifting, refreshing aroma.
- Lime Oil: Lime oil has a refreshing aroma and has been used for centuries to heal wounds and help the skin remain clean and clear.
- Lemongrass: Lemongrass, not only offers a pleasantly refreshing scent, but it also contains a rich natural source of vitamin A, which is known for its ability to treat fine lines and wrinkles.
- Peppermint: Peppermint essential oil contains excellent anti-inflammatory properties and offers a refreshing scent. Its soothing abilities are great for reducing skin conditions such as acne as well as; itchy and irritated skin. Peppermint also helps to stimulate blood circulation in the skin, which is ideal for promoting healing to occur.
- Eucalyptus: Well known for its use in aromatherapy, Eucalyptus contains healing and soothing abilities making it excellent for use in treating acne and scarring.
Feel good about your skin, with skin care that is simple, pure, and healthy!